Thursday, July 7, 2016

MAT671-Assignment 1A



Hello everyone,




          My name is Nora and I am currently working on my teaching credential as well as my Master's in Education. I am not a teacher just yet, but I have been working for the Los Angeles Unified School District for 11 years as a Special Education Assistant. I do have a lot of experience working in a classroom with diverse groups which I really enjoy it. I know I can definitely make a difference in children's way of learning and their future beyond school... I am very passionate about teaching and it is my dream to have my own classroom one day, not too from now!
           I am 32 years old, and I have a son, Aidan, who is 6 years old. He is my little engine that keeps me going! I want to be his role model, and show him that we can do whatever we set our hearts to... I am a single mom, and even though it is extremely difficult at times to balance family, work, school, and personal life, I continue to look forward to a brighter future. I hope you enjoy my blog and please utilize it to provide feedback if any, as well as providing ideas, and constructive criticism...
          After taking the teaching and learning styles survey, the results are very consistent with my personality. I am in between being a sensory and intuitive learner, I am very visual when it comes to taking in new information, and I would rather have information presented in an orderly, sequential manner. I found the results very accurate when it comes to describing the ways I learn and take in any type of information.
          The results for my teaching style where also extremely accurate. I am definitely a facilitator when it comes to teaching. I believe it is important for students to interact with one another, collaborate, and have open discussions/debates. The teacher is there to facilitate the lesson, answer unanswered questions, and listen to input and output from students. Collaborative learning is one of the best practice strategies that I would use on a daily basis to assess my students as well as to provide time for critical thinking.
          My styles of teaching and learning will have a great effect on the way I present lessons to my students. Learning more about the way I learn and the best way to teach my students gives me the opportunity to come in contact with my inner self, which will allow me to successfully educate each and every one of my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment